Originally posted on 158 Main & JPD Blog:
Any jam or preserve will do, but believe it or not, you absolutely must try this with marmalade. As for the bread, we recommend maple-wheat. It lends itself perfectly to any sweet concoction.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 slices of maple-wheat or bread of choice
3 slices Gruyere or cheese of choice
2 tbsp of marmalade or jam of choice
Ground pepper to taste
1. Toss arugula with olive oil.
2. Top one slice of bread with Gruyere.
3. Add marmalade, arugula and ground pepper to taste.
4. Top with remaining bread slice.
5. Press down into a non-stick pan with a spatula.
6. Cover and heat over medium heat until the bread begins to brown. About 4…
View original 55 more words